Friday 25 May 2012

Essential Yoga Sutra: Ancient Wisdom for Your Yoga

The Essential Yoga Sutra: Ancient Wisdom for Your Yoga
Wow!  Have I got a great new Yoga Sutras link to share with you today!

The Essential Yoga Sutra by Geshe Michael Roach and Christie McNally is now available here for free in PDF form! 

This translation is one of my personal favorites! 

It features the transliterated Sanskrit for each sutra plus translations and commentary on this classic text from the perspective of Tibetan Buddhism.

For those of you in my Intermediate Hatha Yoga classes at Yoga for Today in the past week, I especially recommend you check out page 32 for Sutra 1.20 which we were chanting together so beautifully!

Thank you to all who have helped make this sacred text available to us!  Your generosity is an inspiration and a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the book cover, it brought back the memory of that amazing experience of synchronicity - when you had gifted me with this book as I was departing for my first ever process painting workshop with Natalia, who, when we met, confirmed she was the sculptor of the face on the conver...and then by tracking her other work, we learned that Georg Feurstein lives a province away. BIG JAI!

    ReplyDelete